Prov. 31:25

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

Hi! My name is Jenny. I have been married to my best friend for 33 years, I have two wonderful children and on June 30, 2015 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I am determined to get well and I know that with the strength my Lord provides and the love and support of my family and friends, that will happen. The road to healing is a difficult one… however I strive to be thankful for the blessings I have, to find joy in every day and maybe in some small way be a blessing to those I come in contact with. The support and encouragement that I find on this blog makes my heart smile and helps me to realize that I am not alone. All of you are so much appreciated and help me more than you will ever know. So thanks for stopping by....if you would like please leave a comment after my post....I would love to hear from you.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Surgery Day - May 10th, 2016

Good morning everyone. I hope all who read this post today are doing well.

Today marks a huge milestone in my mom's (Jenny's) battle with breast cancer. Later today at approximately 1:00PM PST, my mom will undergo a mastectomy surgery of her left breast to remove a tumor of about a centimeter in diameter, as well as at least two of her underarm lymph nodes that have been affected by cancer.

After twenty-four weeks of two responsive chemotherapy treatments, we are thankful that with the guidance of the Lord, the treatments Jenny received shrunk the tumor from the original size of nearly 6 centimeters to less than 1 centimeter.

My mom has worked and fought so hard both physically and mentally for nearly a year to date leading up to this one procedure. I couldn't be more proud of her as her son.

My mom is in good spirits, and is ready to take this huge step in her battle against cancer. Our entire family asks for your continued thoughts and prayers today as we pray that her surgery is successful and the cancerous tumor is completely removed from her body.

Later today I will write an update about the status of Jenny and how the surgery went.

Blessings,
Andrew (Jenny's son)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for writing this, Andrew! We just prayed after our dinner table for Jenny and you, her family and great supporters in this difficult time.

    You are kept in our prayers all the time. I look forward to further news.

    All the best and many waves across the ocean and please give your mom a hug from me! Thank you!!!

    Bye, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrew. We are praying here in Wisconsin. ♥

    ReplyDelete