Prov. 31:25

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

Hi! My name is Jenny. I have been married to my best friend for 33 years, I have two wonderful children and on June 30, 2015 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I am determined to get well and I know that with the strength my Lord provides and the love and support of my family and friends, that will happen. The road to healing is a difficult one… however I strive to be thankful for the blessings I have, to find joy in every day and maybe in some small way be a blessing to those I come in contact with. The support and encouragement that I find on this blog makes my heart smile and helps me to realize that I am not alone. All of you are so much appreciated and help me more than you will ever know. So thanks for stopping by....if you would like please leave a comment after my post....I would love to hear from you.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Just A Moment

Hello my dear friends. I know you are probably very surprised to see another post from me! Shocked might even better describe what you are feeling…LOL…but I hope you can take a deep breath….there aren’t we feeling better already?….maybe have something cool to drink if it is hot where you are….and believe me it has been HOT where I live….and share a simple, quiet moment with me. I so enjoy your company. Are we ready? Ok then here we go……turn on the music, scroll down through the pictures and Carolien? If you are like me you might need a tissue or two….winks.




























One of my very favorite quotes states that “ Time is not measured by clocks but by moments.” I have always believed that the simple little moments, the big moments, the sad moments, the happy moments and the moments filled with love are what make up our lives, help define who we are and give us lasting memories that last a lifetime. I treasure all the moments that I can spend with those I love, and I love to remember them at later times. Last night I had just such a moment. It was completely unexpected, one that actually took my breath away and made my heart smile. It was just a quick little moment, probably going unnoticed by the others in the room, yet to me it was so very special. It was early evening, the sun had not quite set yet, but its hues were the soft darker colors, you know, the ones where it looks almost golden, like it is tucking in our little corner of the world all safe and cozy before it goes and shines brightly on the other side of the world. The air conditioner was still on because it has been so very hot here these past few weeks, dinner was simmering in the crock-pot, the smell of fresh baked bread and lemon cupcakes still lingered in the air, and if you happened to open the door you would smell the beautiful smell of freshly cut grass, because that is what Scott and Andrew had been doing. Andrew was taking a short break before he went out to finish up the front grass and was visiting with me. Tiffany our white, orange and grey calico cat started playing the funniest game and we were laughing so hard. We called Emily in to watch and she started laughing as well and she was smiling and at that very moment as I was watching her it was as if God reached down and very gently pulled the veil aside and what I saw was this beautiful young woman, who is so very special to me, who brings so much joy to so many people’s lives and all of a sudden I knew how blessed I was to have her as my daughter! My daughter! What a precious, no words could ever express, gift!

Emily was born in the spring of 1995! It was such a beautiful time of year with the flowers blooming, the grass and hills all green, little birds singing in the trees and a new baby sleeping in her cradle at our house. She was Daddy’s Little Girl and Mommy’s Little Pooh Bear and Andrew’s Little Playmate right from the start. She was an easy going baby who slept well, ate well and adjusted to our busy lives. She smiled first for her Daddy which brought tears to his eyes and always needed to have Mommy around or , you guessed it, the crying would begin! She would laugh at Andrew, love to read stories and loved to hear music playing. She loved to be rocked to sleep and “You are My Sunshine”, “ Hush Little Baby” , “This Little Girl Of Mine” and I Love You from Barney were her favorite lullaby’s. She cherished the white blankie that I made for her and she had to carry two pacifiers with her at all times. She took her first steps on her first birthday, going to see the balloons, and she loved to give “backward hugs!” As she grew she loved to play with her dolls, whenever we had to drive somewhere we had to wait until her “kids” were buckled in too…grins…and keeping up with Andrew was her only goal every day! She loved to do art projects which she proudly shared with me, just ask her about her cow head someday…lol…she loved to have stories read to her on our white bench, play with her little friends, and oh what a great day it was if we went to McDonald's for chicken nuggets! Before I could turn around she was riding a horse like she was born in the saddle, loving to play soccer but don’t be deceived….she could and still can hit a softball like you would never believe…just ask Scott who has had two pairs of sunglasses broken and has had to duck quickly to avoid being hit while pitching to her! All you have to say is “Blue Jay” to make her double over with laughter and if you are ever looking for Emily just follow the music playing. She makes the most beautiful jewelry and plays the guitar effortlessly….she is such a natural with music! She loves animals and I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if she lives on a ranch some day .  She is very artistic and can draw and paint just like her Dad! She loves the beach and everything having to do with it…just like her mom…coffee at Starbucks is a Father Daughter tradition and she has been spoiling us all with all the lovely baking she does! Emily is smart , has a wonderful sense of humor, and most importantly she shines brightly, every day for our Lord! She has seen me through this journey with love and I never would have made it this far without her love and support! Looking into my daughter’s eyes I see strength and she has shared that strength with me, I see hope and she has in turn shared that hope with me and given me a reason to keep on believing, to believe that tomorrow will be better, that dreams do come true.  She loves without holding back and because of her I am the woman I am today!  She is an amazing young woman who I am so very blessed to call not only my daughter but my friend! I love you to the moon and back a zillion times and then some, Emily and I always, always will! So just keep on dreaming, singing your song to the world and loving all who you come in contact with! You make this world a better place, dear Emily, and you certainly make our corner of the world brighter and filled with more happiness and joy then we could ever have imagined! Thank you for every hug, every kindness and every bit of laughter that you have shared not only with us but with all you know! You are truly a gift from God!
Love~ Mom

I just thought you might enjoy seeing some of our family pictures and getting to know my daughter a little better! I for one am smiling from ear to ear!



~A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous~


Love, Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Jenny! (Well, it's morning here ;)

    Thank you so much for this wonderful post about Emily and you. I so loved it all. The pictures (oh the one with her hands outstreched at the beach! so beautiful!), your words. I felt as if I were there when you got that glimpse ... thank you!!! That was a very nice visit :) Yeah, watery eyes but above all goose bumps, to be honest. You did it LOL
    I didn't realize that the twins and Emily are all from Spring 1995, how nice! And oh my gosh, Valérie can relate to the chicken nuggets and the Starbucks part, and Sofia with the music and my she loves the bracelets that Emily made for them so much!
    You have a wonderful daughter. Thank you for sharing all this with s, my dearest friend. What a lovely start of the day this is for me ...

    Hugs and much love across the ocean and have a good day!
    Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you shared these pictures Jenny. Emily has grown into a beautiful,young lady. Not only in looks, but her beautiful spirit. I am so happy to read and learn so much more about Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Jenny! I so enjoyed reading all about your lovely daughter Emily. You have raised such a beautiful young woman that reminds me of you. You both have such a genuine and beautiful spirit that touches all of us. I loved seeing your family photos and getting to know you all better. We are in Colorado now but you are in my thoughts everyday. Love, RJ

    ReplyDelete