Prov. 31:25

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

Hi! My name is Jenny. I have been married to my best friend for 33 years, I have two wonderful children and on June 30, 2015 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I am determined to get well and I know that with the strength my Lord provides and the love and support of my family and friends, that will happen. The road to healing is a difficult one… however I strive to be thankful for the blessings I have, to find joy in every day and maybe in some small way be a blessing to those I come in contact with. The support and encouragement that I find on this blog makes my heart smile and helps me to realize that I am not alone. All of you are so much appreciated and help me more than you will ever know. So thanks for stopping by....if you would like please leave a comment after my post....I would love to hear from you.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My Bend in the Road

Hello my friends and welcome to my blog!

My blog.....wow! I have followed blogs for many years but I have never had one of my own. I always thought that if I started my own blog I would talk about the things I enjoy, you know, the samplers that I love to stitch, the quilts that I love to make, the knitting and crocheting that I love to do, the flowers in my garden and the birds that come to my bird feeder, and of course my family. Never did it cross my mind that I would have a blog where I would talk about Cancer....let alone my Cancer. Everything changed on that rainy Tuesday afternoon, June 30th, 2015. Like so many women out there my life is now " before Cancer" and " during treatment of Cancer."  I am absolutely bound and determined to add an " after Cancer" theme as well. Just so you know....grins....

I have been asked quite often why I call my cancer journey my bend in the road. To be honest I don't know. What I do is that while I was in the doctors office trying to take in the news that I have cancer what kept going through my mind was " this is a bend in the road Jenny.....you are going to get through this, you are going to make it around the bend and it will be okay." Later after I was home and thinking about all of this and what it would mean I remembered where I first read this quote.....it is from Anne of Green Gables and it says " I don't know what lies around the bend...but I am going to believe the best does."  So, when my family and I were trying to come up with a name for my blog....A Bend in the Road just seemed right because that is what this journey really is....a bend in the road, something I did not ask for and something that I was not expecting but is there none the less. This Bend cannot be avoided and I cannot go around it so I must go through it and get to the other side. I will reach the other side because around the bend is a beautiful place filled with life and love, family and friends and adventures waiting to be enjoyed. There is my husband to grow old with...lol...my children and all their accomplishments and adventures to enjoy, there are new people to meet, and old friends to remember with and all the blessings in between that my Lord will grant me everyday. Yes my friends this is my bend in the road, but it is only a bend. I think Helen Keller said it best..." A bend in the road is not the end of the road....unless you fail to make the turn." I will make that turn and the best lies around that bend.

Well, here I am....my first post on my own blog is almost finished. My journey has started but I am not alone. I have my God who walks beside me every day and upholds me all the time, I have my family who is a constant source of support and love and I have my friends who remind me often how much you are thinking about me and praying for me. I will write another post soon so all of you will know how my journey is going....but in the meantime here is a hug for all of you who have taken the time to read this and who are so important in my life...more then you will ever know!

~ Jenny~

2 comments:

  1. Dear, dear friend!

    Although the reason behind it is something we all wish would have been FAR from you (somewhere behind the moon or so ...) thank you so much for opening this blog! I feel privileged to follow your bend in the raod a bit closer in this way. I treasure every sign from you and your family. You are so very dear to me.
    Today we received the envelope with the 5 bracelets etc. Thank you, Lawson family ;) I immediately put on this bracelet (me, who never wears bracelets, when I come to think of it) and I will wear it constantly till you will be 'clean', as they say here in hospital.
    Take care, dear Jenny, I will write more later and will send you some pictures too.

    A big bear hug across the ocean & love, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny. Sounds like eating can be a trial for those on chemo. Remember we're right here if you want anything at all. In fact you can shout over the fence to make it easier. (Haha) We're keeping you in our daily prayers... and trusting Jesus with you. We have some pics we'd like to download... have a great week. Richard. Sally and Nick.

    ReplyDelete